DON'T MISS THE UPCOMING AUTHOR CONFERENCE MAY 31, 2015 - CLICK FOR MORE INFO
WHAT WE DO:
- Maine Authors Publishing helps self-published and independent authors get their books published and in the hands of their readers.
- This is done affordably, even for first-time authors, by taking advantage of new technology that has made small print runs less expensive and by offering authors a variety of cooperative style marketing opportunities and a la carte services to fit each author’s individual needs and budget. Authors are offered inclusion in our cooperative-style color trade catalog, bookstore invoicing, fulfillment and cooperative sales.
- No matter what online “publishers” will promise you, we have learned that marketing books is very “hands-on” and requires hard work, author support and long term relationships with bookstores and niche markets.
- Maine Authors Publishing, unlike any other company, is truly for self-publishing authors only, letting authors set their own pricing and receive 100% of the royalties from their book sales.
- Maine Authors Publishing offers a full range of services for self-published and independent authors, including editing, proofreading, copyright/ISBN/LOC registration, design, Indesign consulting, printing, personal marketing plans, website design/hosting, publicity events, social media/internet marketing and distribution both nationally and in Maine.
- For authors serious about promoting their work, The Maine Authors Cooperative is a cooperative-style marketing program for self-publishers. This is an ongoing, interactive support program, free to qualified authors who have chosen to participate in our cooperative plan.
“Maine Authors Publishing is a great cooperative effort to get our books into the hands of readers. Authors work together to promote their books, with the guidance of Jane Karker, who knows the book business well. The design services of David Allen are smooth and thoughtful; he's never too busy to do yet another editing run-through of a work in progress. MAP makes being a writer a less lonely métier.”
—Linda Tatelbaum, author, Carrying Water, Writer on the Rocks, Woman Who Speaks Tree and Yes &No