Jane Karker, president and founder, comes to publishing after over 20 years in the printing and publishing industry. In 2005, when digital, short-run printing and binding technology took a huge leap in quality and affordability she founded Custom Museum Publishing Inc. which has grown to be New England’s premier producer of art catalogs and coffee-table quality historical books. In keeping with the tremendous change in the publishing business, and to meet the marketing and distribution needs of self-publishing authors, she looks forward to leading the way into a totally different approach. Jane is a long time resident of Maine and lives with her family in South Thomaston. She spends summer weekends at her north woods camp on Pearl Pond in Maine's unorganized territory and loves to kayak.
- Art Director, email@example.com A Maine native, David Allen received his M.F.A in Interdisciplinary Arts from Goddard College in 2006 and his B.A. in Studio Art from the University of Maine, Orono in 2000. He is a practicing artist and shows regularly at Asymmetrick Arts in Rockland, Maine. David's Fine Arts background is a great compliment to his design experience, creating a graphic artist with a diverse technical skill set and critical eye. Formerly an Adjunct Professor at Thomas College in Waterville, Maine, David continues to exercise his expertise in Graphic Design and Multimedia as our Art Director, and to share this knowledge through local workshop offerings at Maine Media Workshops in Rockport. David lives in Appleton with his wife Ruth and daughters, Elana and Izraelle.
- Marketing & Media Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
In 1987 Cheryl started a desktop publishing and graphic design business creating brochures, catalogs and newsletters for the business community. In 2000 she moved to Washington, Maine and expanded her business to create websites and write marketing plans for small businesses. She joined Maine Authors Publishing in 2010 to develop marketing plans for self-publishing authors’ books, and to design their websites. Cheryl enjoys traveling with her husband, John. They have taken trips in their truck camper where Cheryl has had the opportunity to photograph spectacular scenery across the United States and Canada. Some of her favorite photographs are of the coast of Maine.
- Business Manager, tom@CustomMuseumPublishing.com. Tom is responsible for the accounting operations, including accounts receivable and payable, invoicing, taxes, and employee payroll and benefits. Tom has over twenty years of experience in procurement and purchasing. He holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Syracuse University. Prior to moving to Maine, Tom worked in student services at Syracuse, State University College at Morrisville, NY, and Virginia Tech. Tom lives in Waldoboro, Maine where he is active in the local Lions Club, The Historical Society, and he also serves on the Advisory Board of the Rockland Salvation Army.
- Customer Service Representative and Publicist, email@example.com. Heather was raised in Rockport, Maine. She attended St. Lawrence University in Canton, N.Y. where she focused on creative writing and graduated in 2010 with a B. A. in English. While in college she studied abroad in London for a semester, and interned in the publicity department at Bloomsbury Publishing for one month. She was employed at Sherman's Books and Stationery in Camden for many years, and enjoys bringing her hands-on experiences and insight to Maine Authors Publishing. Heather has also had the opportunity to study abroad in Spain, and participate in an exchange program to Japan. She enjoys listening to indie music while she kayaks, skis, knits, and reads.
- Editorial Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org. Genie heads our proofreading and editorial department. She is the owner of her own editorial services company and works as an editorial consultant year ’round for Maine Authors Publishing. With over 40 years of experience in the publishing and printing arenas, and a writer herself, Genie acts as a consultant to our authors for manuscript preparation, editing, proofreading and copyright issues. She is the author of one of our best sellers, “Mind Your P’s and Q’s,” a very handy guide for writers. She lives in Jefferson with her husband, Jim, and enjoys photography, traveling and the outdoors.
- Freelance Illustrator, email@example.com. Tom has a degree in art education from the University of Southern Maine. He has been a teacher for over 37 years and has exhibited watercolors, sculpture, oils and mixed media in various locations in Maine. Tom's most recent book illustrations includes Togus, A Coon Cat Finds a Home by Don Carrigan and Baxter in the Blaine House by Paula Benoit.
- Freelance Illustrator, firstname.lastname@example.org. Dawna resides in Maine with her husband, Eric and two teenage sons. She creates her paintings the old fashioned way, by hand with brush. Her recent book illustration includes Island Friends by Jeff Bowman.